The client is a global IT and communications services provider, with services all over the world. It helps companies collaborate more effectively, operate more efficiently and engage better with their customers - connecting their people, sites and machines securely and reliably. Through a unique combination of robust network and IT infrastructure, managed services and professional, reliable people, they do everything they can to offer an outstanding customer experience - helping to change business life for the better.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing all legal advice and assistance in respect of any activity of the client's companies in Europe to ensure maximum protection of the company's rights and interests and to ensure legal compliance of the company's activities under local laws.
The Legal Counsel will act as a business partner and provide strong executive and legal support to the management teams within Europe.
The Legal Counsel will be part of a dynamic Legal team in the European region. The position is based in Amsterdam and the Legal Counsel will report to the Head of Legal for Europe, who is based in Slough, United Kingdom. Travel within the country/sub-region of his/her responsibility may be required (including international travel).
- prepare, review, negotiate and finalise all contracts (including annexes, exhibits, etc.) and related documents (such as RFPs, tenders and proposals, etc.) in relation to any direct or indirect sales activities and network operations activities in the country/sub-region of his/her responsibility;
- coordinate the legal work with group departments within the company on any matters that are legal in nature (e.g. Corporate, HR, Sourcing, Real Estate and Facilities Management, etc.);
- implement all policies, processes and procedures of the Legal & Regulatory Department set by General Counsel and/or Chief Counsel in the country/sub-region of his/her responsibility;
- maintain proper corporate secretarial records of the company's entities in the country/sub-region of his/her responsibility to ensure legal compliance with local laws and coordinate with the relevant Paralegal to ensure that the country database is kept up to up-to-date. Consolidate/restructure existing legal entities in the country/sub-region;
- provide legal support to the Regulatory & Compliance team where necessary such as setting up of any corporate vehicles which will provide solutions to address regulatory restrictions;
- effectively manage all litigation matters and disputes, including developing and implementing appropriate risk-mitigation strategies; and
- select, liaise and manage with outside counsel.
The client offers an attractive package which is build up from the following components:
- base salary consistent with market practices, which pays the competencies and responsibilities exercised;
- competitive variables in shape of a Bonus Scheme which recognize the results and performance of employees, collectively and individually.
Furthermore the client promotes, wherever it operates, gender equality in terms of salary.
Would you like more information on this role? Please contact Remco Abeln, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +31 6 46 86 29 49. If you'd like to apply for this job, please send in your CV and motivation (both in English and in Word format). Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Unmatched in What We Do.
In 1982, the founders of what is today known as Major, Lindsey & Africa set out to create the world's pre-eminent legal search firm. Guided by a goal of helping lawyers chart the most rewarding careers and providing law firms and corporations with access to the world’s top legal talent, they built a company dedicated to excellence and diversity in the legal professionals. Major, Lindsey & Africa (MLA), is the world’s most experienced legal search firm; focusing solely on the placement of lawyers into law firms and in-house legal departments throughout the USA, Latin America, EMEA and APAC regions. With 25 offices worldwide and over 30 years’ experience in the market, the global In-House Practice Group has undertaken more General Counsel/In-House legal searches than any other executive search firm globally.